Your Citizen warranty will be VOID if you do not read this

10 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

This year there are many advertisers offering Citizen watches, the ones listed on this site as discounted prices, including on Google adwords (the ads on the top when you search for a watch model code). These are all GREY MARKET suppliers, that means if there is a problem with your watch Citizen WILL NOT honour the warranty. So you are spending 2-500 pounds on a watch that if goes wrong you cannot repair or replace.  You have to buy from an "official stockist" or "official dealer" or "authorised stockist" or your warranty is void. If you do not see those words avoid that website.

Here is an example of the weazel words they use to trick you into thinking you purchase is safe with them...

"100% Genuine Watches, Jewellery And Gifts
Every item sold by Discount Watches Shop is a 100% genuine item supplied with all official packaging, presentation boxes and warranty documents. We would never sell second hand or replica items."

Yes the watches (maybe) genuine, yes the watches (may) come with a real warranty, but NO Citizen will not honour that warranty if there is a problem (and they can tell from the serial code on the watch and the official stamp).

How can I buy a discounted top of the range Citizen or Seiko oinline then? You may have noticed that all OFFICIAL stockists only sell at full RRP (like on the high street), this is because the brands force them to, the only way you can save £50-£200 off RRP is by using discount codes (the ones we have on this site). There is no other way. We ONLY point you towards official stockists with working discount codes.

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

This includes Ebay sellers

#3 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Very useful information that you have shared! I thank you very much for this. 

#4 LorriF

LorriF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Is there any best practices can adhear to when usure? Like could you demand a serial no and look against a database for the brand??

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Is there any best practices can adhear to when usure? Like could you demand a serial no and look against a database for the brand??

If you go onto the brands website, say the main Citizen watch website, you can check to see if a shop are official stockists by putting in their postcode. Otherwise the key is to look for the words "official stockist" or "authorised dealer". If they put those words and they are not the brand will sue them, beware claims like "100% genuine watches". Also, beware grey market suppliers claiming to offer you real Citizen warrantys. If there is a problem with your watch and you have to return it to them do you want some average joe who doesnt know anything about the watch stripping your watch and repairing it or the experts at the brand itself?

#6 Jake

Jake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for the share. I have always wondered if the same warranties applied for online and offline shopping.

#7 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

Great information is given here and everyone should be aware of these things.

#8 Guest_Reg_*

Guest_Reg_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

Register your watch on citizen website. You get extra year I did so u know if it's from main dealer

#9 Guest_Langdon_*

Guest_Langdon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:05 PM

Thanks by sharing this. It would be a shame to buy a watch then have a problem and no warranty.

Fortunately we have this site to find the best discounts anda a warranty

#10 Guest_Randy_*

Guest_Randy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:03 AM

My bigget fear is to pay for a fake watch, those items start to malfunction very soon, a real wste of menoy. I feel lucky to find this info and certified site.

#11 Guest_Samuel_*

Guest_Samuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

Well, you got a point there, but you can never tell if you are gonna get crossed or not, if the waranty is going to be good or not, you can only see when purchased.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users