Amazon Citizen watches

3 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Several years ago when I was working for one of the biggest online watch sites and being canvassed by Amazon to join them I had a three way conference with Amazon big wigs and a huge argument with them. The argument was about the fact they let anyone on Amazon selling watches, in particular (non official stockists). This means you have almost a 50% chance of buying a watch with a void warranty if you buy from an Amazon advertiser. I believed at the time this was totally unacceptable, as Amazon is a name people trust.

The same applies if you buy a U.S Citizen watch on Amazon, Citizen do not honour the warranty unless its purchased from a UK official stockist.

So how to beat Amazon prices, get the watch next day and still get it from an official stockist (which are all forced to price fix at full RRP)? The answer is to use our hard to find specially negotiated discount codes.

If you click here and use code CITIZEN13 you will save 20% off RRP..

#2 Stan

Stan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

I believe that amazon is one of the only places you can trust fully with your purchases. The issues with the warranties are very common in most online stores.

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

The issues with warranties do not exist if you look for the words "official stockist" or "authorised dealer", all the other watch sites use words like "100% genuine" or trick you with words like that, about 50% of all watch sites are not authorised brand stockists which means you have just paid hundreds and you have a void warranty (unless its stamped by an official stockist). My guess is about 30-40% of the watch sites on Amazon are NOT official stockists. That is pretty bad in my opinion. The reason Amazon do not care is because they care more about money IMO and just getting watch sites to sign up.

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

Grey market watch sites buy their watches from places like Saudi arabia

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users